Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas pictures



We used to get formal Christmas card pictures taken at Target and the Picture People every year and they came out great. However, the past two years, we have used pictures from the digital camera.  This year, we couldn't include Miss J, which caused a lot of sadness for me at least, but I managed to get the other kids looking snazzy. With their new haircuts, S and A looked awesome and E, as usual, looks like she may have a future in modeling.

Suffice it to say, this photo is the best one we could get, and it's not great since Andrew looks like a cross between miserable and perplexed. Actually, it's more a "Mom, can we be done yet PLEASE???" kind of look.

I ordered Christmas cards online, along with address labels. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out, with our extremely limited finances, how to even buy an X-mas tree with a stand, more or less a few presents for each child.  It's not a warm and fuzzy feeling to feel like a charity case, especially knowing in my former (married) life, we never worried about stuff like this.  This Christmas Eve, the kids will be with their dad and I hope they get to be in our church's tableaux (Em was a sheperd last year and she is angling to be an angel this year). 

Christmas music doesn't bother me, in fact I really like it.  I am helping again with the Wish Tree again this year and that always gives me a lot of joy to help so many needy kids. I think it must be programmed into me as being something I do every year. Now that I'll be living back near the Mall, it will be especially easy to help out.

But, I am getting way ahead of myself.....

Best wishes to you and yours for a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with many blessings. 

No comments: